Monday, July 17, 2006

Post Wedding Report Part Three

Yes, Daniel was a great help, running all the errands I did not get to the week before our wedding. In fact, I put all of my clothing and things I needed for our honeymoon on the bed on Thursday afternoon and Daniel took care of all of our packing. We were not missing anything when we made it to the cruise ship!

While Daniel was enjoying breakfast with Karla and Al, I was having breakfast with Michelle and Jen at the Doubletree. We then headed to the salon so that I could get my hair done. As we were leaving the hotel it was raining...which I am told is supposed to be good luck on your wedding day... but by the time I finished getting my hair done the sky had cleared up and it was a beautiful June day.

The rest of the afternoon seemed to drag on as I dressed at the church and waited for the moment I could walk down the aisle. Of course there was make-up to be done, pictures to be taken and lots of laughs along the way.

At 4:00pm the music started and we were on our way. I could not wait to see Daniel. Our friend Tyrone Johnson was our soloist and as he began to sing Holy, Holy, Holy, I could not help but cry. It was absolutely beautiful. The doors then closed and my stepdad and I prepared to walk down the aisle. What a sweet moment it was when the doors were open and I could finally see my groom!

Little Daniel McGraw was on the last row and when I walked in he waved and said "hi Doria." It was precious.

The ceremony went by quickly, but there are moments I will never forget. Daniel becoming emotional during his vows, us praying together after lighting the unity candle, Pike having us turn to face the congregation and seeing all of our friends and family gathered there, and the moment when Pike pronounced us husband and wife. It was a beautiful ceremony...everything I had dreamed of and more.

The reception followed at the Doubletree Hotel. We had a great time! We danced, ate, laughed, enjoyed friends and family, but most of all enjoyed one another. I didn't want the day to end. It was perfect.

Next stop was San Juan, Puerto Rico where we would board Royal Caribbean's, Adventure of the Seas for a seven day Southern Caribbean cruise. More to come....

No comments: