Friday, July 07, 2006

The Post Wedding Report Part One

June 17, 2006-

I awoke to the sound of raindrops falling lightly against my hotel window. My matron of honor, Michelle, and one of my bridesmaids, Jen, and I spent the morning lounging around chatting. There was no sign of pre-wedding jitters. In fact, I was so relaxed it was almost 10am before I ever made it out of bed. This was the day I would become Mrs. Daniel Wayne Cooley. I knew from the day Daniel left Guatemala in the summer of 2004 that I would one day marry him and that day had come.


The week leading up to the wedding had been full of friends, family and festivities. Tuesday afternoon my mom, stepdad and aunt all arrived from Florida. Daniel and I had dinner with them at Houston's and then brought them to see our new apartment. Wednesday, I spent the day with my family at the Stockyards. It was nice to have a little time to spend with them away from the busyness of last minute wedding errands. That night Daniel and I had our final date as an engaged couple. We dined at Lawry's Prime Rib. It was a perfect evening. Thursday announced the arrival of friends and my wedding party. I headed to the airport that morning to pick up Jen, one of my closest friends from high school. It is so weird to think that we have known one another for 15 years and still remain in touch. That afternoon Jen and I enjoyed being pampered as we received pedicures and I had my nails done. Girl's Night Out was that evening so upon arriving to the hotel Jen and I quickly changed and headed to The Cheesecake Factory where I met up with my bridal party, some seminary friends, and some friends from PCBC! What fun we had!

Friday there was a bridesmaid luncheon to attend and the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. That night Daniel walked me up to my hotel room and we spent our last few minutes together before the big event.

Now back to the morning of June 17th, but wait a minute....Daniel is waiting to go get a Dulce de Leche milkshake... so... stay tuned for part two.

No comments: