Thursday, September 01, 2011

One Spectacular Summer

Summer is quickly coming to an end as evidenced by the cooler temps and E's first day of school rapidly approaching. I am sad to see summer go but am anticipating great things this fall.
Our summer was chock full of playdates, trips to the library, trips to the zoo, swimming, splashing, bike riding, outdoor play, family outings and ice cream cones.

Little E is now 3. My sweet baby is becoming a beautiful, independent, strong-willed little girl who never ceases to amaze me. Just this morning after being up in the middle of the night with a high fever and some tummy troubles, she awoke with a smile on her face and said,"Mommy the sun is awake. Time to wake up. I feel so much better!" Her vocabulary is like that of a 5 year old and her reasoning/negotiating skills are not far behind. She will make a great lawyer one day! HA! I know that God will use this little girl in mighty ways and she will go far in life because of her spit-fire spirit and never-failing persistence. E has grown leaps and bounds this summer not just physically but emotionally as well and I cannot wait to see how she continues to grow and develop in the coming months.
E insisted on holding the sign this way. She kept saying it was upside down when it was the correct way. I finally figured out she thought the "3" was an "E"

No comments: