Sunday, May 10, 2009

Blessed

Happy Mother's Day! Last year I was pregnant on Mother's Day and even though Eleanor had not entered the world I was already her mom. I knew when she had hiccups, I knew when she was awake or asleep, I knew when she was stretching, yet there were a lot of things I did not know about her. I did not know that the first time I saw her face it would take my breath away. I did not know how quickly her sweet little face would capture my heart. I did not know that she had a birthmark on the back of her head or on her forehead or on her right eyelid and under the tip of her nose. I did not know that she had dark hair and blue-green eyes. I did not know that the third toe on each of her feet would tuck under or that she would be tall and lean. But I did know that I was her mom. Today as we celebrate Mother's Day I am blessed to be Eleanor's mom. I am blessed to know my daughter in a way that no one else will ever know her. I am also blessed to be a daughter and a daughter-in-law to two amazing women. So, Mother and MOG if you happen to be reading this - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! You are loved!

No comments: