Friday, June 13, 2008

Dinner Party

When I was in seminary I attended a great church in Ft. Worth. We had a large single's group and there was always some sort of fellowship going on. One of my most and least favorite social events was Dinner for 6 and (you fill in the blank, but most often bowling). The participants did not know who they would be having dinner with until they showed up. Tonight as I was cooking dinner for Daniel, I thought back to Dinner for 6. I asked myself the question if I could have a dinner party and invite a random group of girlfriends, who may or may not know one another, who would I invite.
Here is my very first Cyber Dinner for 6 guest list:

My mentor for the past 10 years, Liz. The story of how Liz and I met is very random. It involves her son's then ex-girlfriend -now wife, a stolen bag, a summer in Hawaii, Ridgecrest NC, a gentleman named Eddie, an unexpected phone call and a trip to Georgia. I told you it is random.

Jeanine. I first "met" Jeanine one evening while jumping fences on blogs. I use the term "met" loosely because Jeanine and I have actually never met one another face to face. We have emailed, we use Facebook and we read one anothers blogs, but we have never actually met. Jeanine's husband, was my pastor's roommate in college. I stumbled upon Jeanine's blog through Brent's blog and knew immediately that she and I were kindred spirits. I hope to meet Jeanine and her precious family before the end of the year.

Beth. Beth is married to Brent, our pastor. Beth is one phenomenal woman. She is probably one of the most dedicated doctors I have ever met. She is insanely smart, beautiful inside and out and quite funny! Beth was the first person other than Daniel to know that I was pregnant.

Lindsay. Lindsay and I met at PCBC just before Daniel and I got engaged. Lindsay is like a little sister to me and I love her dearly. She is my coffee, ice cream, dinner, or whatever buddy. She wants Ella to be a ballerina much to my chagrin.

Jen a.k.a Bug. Jen and I have been friends for almost 17 years. We met in high school and have been friends ever since. Jen and I survived our Junior year at SAS, we walked 2 1/2 miles from school to my house after taking our AP Art History Exam, she and her mom came to visit me during my first semester of college, she flew to TX sans husband to be in my wedding, and has always been just a phone call away. Jen just had a sweet little boy, Ethan. How exciting it will be for Ethan and Ella to meet someday!

I could invite a dozen or so more people, but then it would no longer be Dinner for 6 and unfortunately our dining room table doesn't even seat 6, so I guess it is a good thing this is just a cyber dinner for now.

2 comments:

ADB said...

Aw...Dinner for 6 and Bowling...FUN TIMES!!!

Unknown said...

OOH OOH OOH! I'm there!
And I can't wait to meet ya, my friend