Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Stubborn Little One

So I finally made it in to see the doctor today. The day I have been waiting for. The day Daniel and I would get to hear our little peanut's heartbeat.

Guess what? We did not get to hear the heartbeat! The baby is perfectly OK; however, he/she had decided to take a nap right up against one of my very large blood vessels. So, all that Daniel and I could make out over the doppler was the sound of my blood pumping through my veins. Our doctor tried to get the little one to move with the doppler and when that didn't work she pulled out the ultrasound machine. She poked and prodded, but our precious peanut would not budge. I guess it has inherited a bit of it's mother's stubborn nature. Hopefully, the events of today are not any indication of the next 18 years of our lives. I was a little disappointed that we did not get to hear the heartbeat, but was excited to get an extra ultrasound out of the deal. We saw the baby's heart beating away and the doctor said it's heart rate was 151 and everything looked great! I go back in 3 weeks and hopefully at that time the baby will be in a cooperative mood and we will get to hear the sound I have been waiting for.

2 comments:

Amy D. said...

That is so exciting Glo!!! I hope baby Cooley is more cooperative at the next visit so your wait will be over =)

Thanks for asking about Simon's hearing test in your CT comment...basically the test was inconclusive. He wasn't responding to the test in his left ear, but they said it might be because he is so young. So-we go back to Cook for another hearing test in August.

Would love to see you...maybe me and Simon can head your way sometime?! Hugs!

Liz said...

I'm sorry you didn't hear the heartbeat, but BabyVision is ALWAYS fun!

The picture from Guatemala is beautiful, too - can't wait to hear more!

=)