Thursday, October 25, 2007

Why I Walk


I walk in honor of my mom as we celebrate her 10 year cancer-free anniversary. I walk in honor of Daniel's Great Aunt Frances who had breast cancer over 40 years ago. I walk in honor of the women who battle this disease every day.
These are the names of the women that I walk in honor and in memory of.

I walk so that my children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, will never have to walk the "breast cancer " road!


My sweet friend Lindsay sent me this small silver stone. It reads "Courage." The box reads, "Feel the fear and do it anyway!"
I am reminded of the courageous women throughout the world who battle breast cancer.

Daniel and I went out to dinner at Rock Fish before heading home for a good night's rest.

Tomorrow morning I will set out on a 60 mile adventure and I am so excited! Check back for more pictures and reflections next week.

No comments: