Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Gifts E Style

E decided yesterday that she really needed to buy Daddy a Christmas gift. We were headed to Sam.s as a family and I told her that maybe she and I could find something for him while we were there. She was SO excited! Daniel needs a drill and as soon as we walked in there was a really nice one on display. I called E over and suggested that as a gift for her daddy. Her response, "I'm not buying daddy THAT for Christmas! I want to buy him a kid's book." So, while daddy was taking care of something else we walked over to look at the books. With a little help from mom, E picked out the classic, How the Grinch Stole Christmas. We quickly found daddy and hid the book in the cart. A few minutes later E asked daddy, "Do you want to share your Christmas present with me?" Aha...the real reason behind E's gift of choice. Of course Daniel agreed to share his present. E then proceeded to show him what she picked and asked if we could read it at bedtime. A little while later as we were finishing up our shopping trip E spotted a beautiful, large bouquet of flowers and exclaimed, "Daddy, we need to buy mommy some fresh flowers for Christmas!" Thanks to my sweet girl I have a gorgeous table display of flowers. Merry Christmas, sweet E!

No comments: