Saturday, November 13, 2010

27 months

I probably say this every month but I cannot believe how quickly my baby girl is growing up. I haven't had as much time to blog lately but don't want to forget some of the funny things E has said and done over the past few months.

The other night we were having soup for dinner. I handed E a spoon and her response was "Actually, I want to use a fork." I had to laugh at my two year old using the word "actually."
She used it again on Thursday when I said, "It's time to go to school." E responded, "Actually, I go to preschool."

We hear the phrase, "I do it all by myself!" at least 5 times a day if not more. I love her independent spirit but sometimes it really slows down the process.

E still is not a big fan of meat. The other night I asked what she wanted for dinner and her response was "I want to eat salad." One of her favorite salads is Barnelli's Chopped Salad minus the bacon and chicken. Because of course she "can't like chicken!" When she does eat meat it is normally a "burger cheese" or lo-loaf (meatloaf).

E goes to school 2 days a week while I am at work. This past week her teacher shared a funny story with me. While walking down the hall E tripped over the leg of a scarecrow that was decorating the hall. E jumped up, put her hands on her hips, and declared, "that man just tripped me!" Her teacher said she about busted a gut laughing and had to ask how E knew the word "tripped." It goes on the list with actually.

The 2's are hard but also so enjoyable at the same time. I am continually blessed by my little Kamikaze and am so thankful for her.

No comments: